By injecting indigenous floc formers and BOD degraders, Biofermentation® improves settleability of the biomass in activated sludge plants. This results in a thicker return activated sludge (RAS) concentration while maintaining the secondary blanket depth. Operators experience reduced return flow rates, which increases the hydraulic retention times and allows the operator to carry higher MLSS/MLVSS. The results are lower F:M, longer MCRTs, a highly stable non-filamentous biomass, and reduced operating costs.
In single pass lagoons, the Plug & Play nature of Biofermentation® allows rapid deployment in 24 hours for daily injection of highly viable indigenous microbial cultures to an emergency response. Emergency response ensures NPDES compliance within 5 days after an upset or toxic shock, while permanent programs ensure NPDES compliance while reducing overall operating costs.
Industrial Wastewater Treatment Applications
- Rapid start-ups in just days
- Rapid recovery from toxic shock in just days
- Improved hydraulic capacity or throughput
- Increased organic capacity or loading
- Reduced biosolids production
- Reduction in dewatering costs
- Reduced aeration costs
- Elimination/reduction of supplemental nutrient (and associated dredging costs)
- Control of filamentous bulking
- Elimination of secondary polymer
- Control of algae blooms
Industrial Sectors Where Biofermentation® Makes A Big Impact
- Pulp and Paper (P&P)
- Chemical Processing Industry (CPI)
- Oil and Refining
- Food and Beverage
- Meat Processing
Get ensured NPDES compliance with lower operating costs today! Contact or call ABS for further details.